Assistant Service Manager - Automotive
Assistant Service Manager
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Assistant Service Manager. The ASM acts as liaison between the client and the service technician, and works with the call center in scheduling service for clients. The ASM also works with the technician team to ensure work is distributed equitably among service technicians.
- Greets Service Department clients in a prompt and courteous manner 100% of the time, and never differentiate between customer pay and warranty service clients
- Listens to each client and clearly articulate information on the repair order
- Satisfies client's immediate needs, use low key, high integrity methods to present additional needed services
- Observes factory suggestions on maintenance items and advise clients of the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Presents a menu of recommended maintenance and additional services to every client
- Ascertains the needs of clients, collecting information necessary for service or repair diagnosis
- Provides clients with an accurate estimate of repair or maintenance costs, and/or a minimal diagnostic fee with explanation of associated costs
- Writes Repair Orders, detailing problems and pertinent information, and secure clients’ signature for authorization of repair or service
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Informs clients of repair diagnosis, sell repairs and services needed or required for proper operation
- Forwards repair or service estimate changes to client following technician's diagnosis
- Sells and manages extended warranties and complete required documentation
- Inspects quality of vehicles following repairs of service to verify that all authorized work is performed and performed properly in the effort to reduce rechecks
- Follows up progress of each repair order during the day and contact clients by phone or e-mail twice daily to notify them of any changes to the status or estimated time of completion of their repair, and document changes on repair order
- Replies to voice and e-mail messages in a timely manner where either internal or external clients are concerned
- Notifies clients when repairs are completed and vehicle is ready for delivery
- Reviews and explains repairs and associated costs with client upon completion of service
- Documents verbal, in person, and written approvals on repair orders and add-on sales
- Advises clients of potential consequences if repairs are not made
- Handles minor client concerns or misunderstandings
- Keeps Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems involving clients, repairs, and equipment
- Notifies technicians of changes to repair status
- Encourages clients to complete the manufacturer surveys to provide feedback
- Coordinates work overflow
- Maintains a readable status sheet (route sheet) of carryover vehicles and status of clients in for repairs
- Maintains a record of status of special order parts
- Maintains required Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating in accordance with dealership standards
- Maintains required hours per repair order (HPR) in accordance with dealership standards
- Attends weekly department meetings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Including Driver's License)
Operator's Driver's License (must be insurable).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan with company match, Vacation time, and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About our Dealership
Proudly serving Bryan/College Station and surrounding communities for over 25 years, we have recently expanded to a new store in South Dallas. Our foundation is built on an exceptional customer experience and we strive to ensure that every experience is unique and memorable from start to finish. We truly believe that the key to success lies both in community involvement and satisfied customers. We are proud to sponsor several local events and assist with many needs of the local community. Come see for yourself what makes being a member of our family makes us a “Family of Excellence”.