Toyota Entry Level Technician - Automotive
Paid Education-No Student Loans
Compensation: Starting pay $8.00 per hour plus $2.00 an hour production bonus
Atkinson Toyota is looking for mechanically inclined self-motivated and intelligent individuals who would like to start a stable career as an Automotive Technician. If that sounds like you we are hiring both full and part time individuals to join our award winning service team. Previous professional is experience is not required, just a basic passion for repair or tuning your own vehicle may be enough.
Unfortunately, many careers for these type of individuals have proven to be very unstable; 70 to 80 hours a week and then you're laid off just as you purchase a home or truck and have a baby on the way. Toyota has long been known for its quality. . . I am proud to be with a company for 29 years that I have never seen an employee laid off. It currently takes 5 years' experience, 320 Classroom hours, 30 online course hours and 9 ASE Certifications to reach the highest certification as a Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician. Depending on your abilities the pay range for that individual is $60,000 to $80,000 a year or more.
The great news for you is that we pay for your training and we pay you while you are in the classroom. . . No money down, No student loans for the rest of your life. . . We pay you while you learn!!!
• Desire to be one of the best at what you do
• Must be 18 years old or older
• Valid Texas driver's license with a good driving record
• Pass Pre-Employment drug screening
• Pass Background Check
• Have no visible Piercings or Tattoos (if covered by uniform Ok)
What We Offer:
• Starting pay $8.00 per hour starting pay plus $2.00 an hour production bonus
• 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday with a 1 hour lunch
• Part Time and High School internships are also available
• Uniforms in short and long sleeve shirts and shorts or pants
• Tools and Equipment needed to get started
• University of Toyota Training
• Available Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Matching 401k
• Paid Vacations: 1 year/1 week, 2 years/2 weeks, 5 years/3 Weeks and 10 years/4 weeks
• End of year bonus
• Full time Employee Referral Program. . . $1,000 bonus at their 1 year anniversary
• Fast paced indoor work environment that quickly rewards your efforts
• Stability (we have never laid off a technician due to a change in the economy)
• You are home every night and off on Sunday's
• 3 locations in Texas and growing. . . The majority of our managers have been promoted from within our award winning family
What are you waiting for, Apply with Atkinson Toyota Scion for a Career, not just a job!!!
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan with company match, Vacation time, and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About our Dealership
Proudly serving Bryan/College Station and surrounding communities for over 25 years, we have recently expanded to a new store in South Dallas. Our foundation is built on an exceptional customer experience and we strive to ensure that every experience is unique and memorable from start to finish. We truly believe that the key to success lies both in community involvement and satisfied customers. We are proud to sponsor several local events and assist with many needs of the local community. Come see for yourself what makes being a member of our family makes us a “Family of Excellence”.